The next two cards in the Rainring cards study series are below. We will be taking a short interlude before commencing with the next cards in the series.
The first card of the Sibilla style cards study series. This one is from the La Vera Sibilla deck. Vera translate to ‘real’. Viaggio translates to journey/trip.
The Viaggio card has a man sitting on a horse heading on a trip. In some decks the horse is racing and in others trotting. He is a well dressed man with an intention.
This card can suggest a person who is coming or leaving the situation. If this card is beside the Significator change is in the air. There could be a busy time ahead with some sort of restructuring. If this card falls after the Significator there is a good chance the person is leaving or planning to exit a situation. This can come in many forms. It can actually be a trip. Falling before the Significator it could signify an opportunity coming to either travel or receive some long awaited news.
If this card fell reversed in a layout it would indicate some sort of delay in travel plans. It could even be that an expected visitor will cancel or reschedule. In relationship questions the person may leave and not come back. If it falls after the Significator it can suggest the person postpones plans. If, before, then someone else does the postponement and it affects the Significator directly. For example: a friend planned to visit and then changed their mind. Keep the question in mind if it is a shorter layout. In a GT type of layout look at the surrounding cards. The GT would be huge 🙂 but it can be done. I would do 9 x 5 + 7 = 52.
The next card will be featured at some point but what I think I want to do is gather up all the sibilla style decks so that I can provide the names of them which have similar card. I’m still thinking of an easy peasy way to introduce these cards. I would rather not post one card at a time so I will group them together. Since I already wrote this post I will publish it. The Viaggio card is in various decks.
Comments? Questions? Feedback?
I used this 5-card advice layout quite often at the Ask my Cards blog. To view some of the posts ➡ click here
When card positions in a layout are defined the cards become more tailored to that position. One way to look at this is that the card is in a room of a house. It needs to get acquainted with that room and the reaction is recorded by via your interpretation. We have five cards situated in five different rooms. Let’s suppose the last room is called RESULT and you see a whole bunch of chaos going on. In the room ADVICE TO FOLLOW you can see a solution or way to by-pass this utter chaos. Cards in positions could be viewed as limited but I think you get their maximum effect. Sure, they can lend their energy to cards beside them and in some other criss crossing techniques.
My gypsy-spirited method of understanding these cards is from
meanings passed down to me. The best recipes are handed down and
there is always a secret or two which you will never find in
books or other online resources. I do share these secrets from
time to time. 🙂
Through my own experience and knowledge of the cards I have difficulty following someone else’s structured view on them. I respect all views. If you are a beginner then by all means study under a mentor.
Today’s reading involved a question by a couple contemplating some kitchen renovations. They have gotten quotes and narrowed it down to one particular contractor. Their question is whether or not they will be satisfied with the result after the renovations are completed.
The above image shows the defined meanings of each position and include the cards which were drawn for this question.
The below image are the actual Hungarian gipsy cards.
- Basis or foundation of question. The DESIRE card speaks about the couple wanting to renovate the kitchen according to their vision of what they hope the contractor will deliver.
- What you know about the situation. The JUDGE card reflects their final decision on which contractor they want to select. Their choice is an educated selection and the person they picked will go by the book. This means there could be issues as you can not always go by the book when doing renovations because so many other things need to be factored. Here is a good example : the same couple hired a person to create some wooden stairs in their backyard. The old stairs had rotted away. The person went by the book for sure. The stairs were perfect mathematically but where off a bit due to the imperfections of the landscaping around that area. Perhaps this is some of the underlying anxiety depicted in the last card. Sometimes, people who go by the book don’t factor in everything. Yes, your work is perfect but you can’t put perfect on imperfect you need to adjust, modify or recalculate.
- What you are not seeing. The MERRIMENT card indicates the couple’s insecurities about being happy with the end result. They are not totally optimistic and going into it with hesitation .
- Advice to follow. Actually, before you study this position look over at the last card so that you know which way to read it. As you can see, FALSENESS sits in the result position. The LOVE card is a bit challenging to read given the last card is negative in nature. It could be saying they should learn to love the results even though the renovations are not exactly what they envisioned. There could be many reasons for this. Sometimes, renovation projects are started and then other things need to be adjusted or factored in to get the job done. This could be something simple or more complex.
- Result. The FALSENESS card addresses whether they will be satisfied. I do see a partial satisfaction but it will not be in keeping with what they had hoped. Pretty much all the cards are positive except this one. The advice card offers suggestions on how to handle this. The bottom line is that they will learn to love the renovations when they are said and done. There is an element of self-delusion in the last card. Perhaps there is an underlying distrust due to various reasons. If the last card was Misfortune or the Enemy I would tell them to reconsider their choice.
This week I will feature the next two cards in the Rainring study series.
Card #45 Maid
Card #46 Oeuvre
You may be wondering what the word ‘oeuvre’ means. I looked it up in some of the on line dictionaries and the primary meaning is ‘”the body of work produced by an artist’. After reading through Peter’s write up this card does embody that meaning.
The Oeuvre card really reminds me of the Tarot 3 of Pentacles. The fella in the Rainring card could be trying to tame the wild beast which represents what is within him.
Everyone expresses creativity in different ways. Sometimes, anger, sadness or ecstasy can be channeled into a beautiful piece of art. When one can see their emotional state on canvas so to speak a healing takes place. You don’t have to be a professional to create you just need the desire to use art as your medium.
What do you think?
It’s summer time in the Northern Hemisphere so we will have summer uploads every two weeks. Next expected date will be the weekend of July 20th.